Protects Eye Health
Eating carrots carrot juice regularly will help you maintain healthy eyes and vision throughout your life. Carrots can prevent cataracts and macular degeneration, as well as night blindness, which keeps eyes from adjusting to the dark.
Healthy Teeth and Gums
Carrots clean your teeth and mouth. They scrape off plaque and food particles just like toothbrushes or tooth paste. Carrots stimulate gums and trigger a lot of saliva, which being alkaline, balances out the acid forming, cavity forming bacteria. The minerals in carrots prevent tooth damage.
After the process of digestion, some of the waste particles remain behind in our body, which are known as free radicals and they tend to damage the cells. Eating antioxidant rich foods helps in fighting against these free radicals and thereby preventing the possibilities of the development of cancerous cells.
Antioxidants help to fight cell damage done to the body by toxins that find their way from our environment into our bloodstream. Along with traditional antioxidants like vitamin C, carrots contain phytonutrient antioxidants like beta-carotene.
Maintains Skin Health
Being rich in vitamin A and various other antioxidants, carrots are also good for the skin. Carrots help protect the skin from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays and also help in repairing damaged skin tissue. In fact, drinking carrot juice in the summer acts as a powerful natural sun block. Carrots also help keep the skin moisturized and prevent acne, pigmentation, blemishes and uneven skin tone.
- Top 7 Ways Carrot & Carrot Juice Benefit Your Body, Dr. Axe
- Marissa Laliberte, 6 Surprising Health Benefits to Eating Your Carrots from RD
- 10 Benefits of Carrots – the Crunchy Powerfood from real food for life
- Plavaneeta Borah, 7 Carrot Juice Benefits: Why You Need to Drink Up This Veggie from NDTV food
- Jack Martin, 6 Nutritional Benefits of Organic Carrots from Full circle
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Carrots from Top 10 home remedies