- Improve Digestive Health
Bananas contain a good amount of insoluble fiber that travels through the digestive tract, sweeping up waste and producing bowel movements that are soft and easy to pass.
- Heart health
Bananas are good for your heart. They are packed with potassium, a mineral electrolyte that keeps electricity flowing throughout your body, which is required to keep your heart beating
- Boost Energy and Increase Stamina
Bananas are also a great energy-booster for your intellect. Potassium acts as fuel for the brain, making us more alert and receptive to learning, while magnesium helps improve our ability to focus.
- Reduce Stress Levels
Bananas are a great source of tryptophan which is a chemical that when released into the blood stream, converts into the feel good hormone, serotonin. When we have good serotonin levels our overall mood and stress levels are much better.
|Nutrient||Amount||DRI/DV (%)||Nutrient Density||World’s Healthiest Foods Rating|
|vitamin B6||0.43 mg||25||4.3||very good|
|vitamin C||10.27 mg||14||2.3||good|
Daily recommended intake for adults: 1.5 to 2 bananas a day(as per USDA)
For more information, click here
When to avoid
Patients allergic to latex:
As per a study conducted by the Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, those individuals who are allergic to latex display hypersensitivity to bananas too.
Bananas contain the amino acid tyrosine, which the body converts into tyramine. Tyramine may trigger migraine headaches in some people.
- Bananas: Health Benefits, Risks & Nutrition Facts from livescience
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Banana, Written by Stephanie Hernandez
- 7 Benefits You Get From Eating Bananas from dailyhealthpost
- 14 Serious Side Effects Of Bananas Written by Karishma Sehgal on style craze
- Are There Side Effects of Eating a Banana a Day? Written by Sandi Busch on livestrong